« Web Wednesday: Mod Podge Gingerbread Man... | Main | Freelance Friday: Freelance Friday: Oh C... »
ornaments are treasured for years. Normally on specialized ornaments it common
to find pictures of kids and other family members, but don’t forget your four
legged family members. Include them on an ornament this year. Chris Myer
Williams designed this holiday photo transfer project. With Mod Podge Photo
Transfer Medium and photocopies, you can capture several special moments that
can be enjoyed for years to come! To make this project for your pet, see all
the materials below along with the instructions.
Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8
Mod Podge ® Photo
Transfer Medium, 2 oz.
4” Glass ball ornament
Assorted dog themed scrapbook papers
Photocopies of pet photograph
Brush basin or container for water
Small flat brush
1 1” Button
1. Cut dog themed scrapbook paper into
2. Working with one strip at a time, moisten strip with water. Apply Mod
Podge to backside of strip and apply to glass ornament wrapping around
shape. Allow to dry. Continue adding strips leaving small margins
of glass to show. If desired, cut heart shapes from additional scrapbook
paper and apply over Mod Podged’ strips. Allow to dry.
3. To create a photo transfer decal: Place your photo copy on a sheet of
waxed paper. Apply a generous amount of Photo Transfer Medium to front of
photo copy and allow to dry for 24 hours.
4. Flip the photo transfer over and begin removing the layers of paper by
moistening the back and lightly rubbing over the backside of the photo
copy. Continue removing paper until you no long see white paper
fibers. Allow to dry. You now have a decal which can be applied to
the front of the Mod Podged’ glass ornament.
5. Embellish with twisted twine which is hot glued around the photo transfer
6. Add Ribbon and twine bows and a button to the ornament top!
7. Enjoy on your tree or give to loved ones!