« Monday Funday: Crochet Flower Pumpkins | Main | Web Wednesday: “Wicked” Good Halloween W... »
Looking for a creative way to ad some
scary decorations to your home? Try creating this fun Halloween Tissue Box.
This project is perfect for kids to help create. Trenice Bishop designed this
Halloween project. It was created using Apple Barrel paint, Mod Podge, and
Dimensional Magic. This project will take about an hour to complete and will
look perfect on an end table or coffee table.
Below are all the supplies and instructions needed to complete this
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint –
20589 Harvest Orange, Apple Barrel – 20662 Black, Mod Podge, Mod Podge
Dimensional Magic – Silver
Box of tissues, Chenille
sticks (pipe cleaners), Pom Poms, Wiggly eyes, Craft brushes Water bowl
Paint the tissue
box with Harvest Orange and let dry. (It may take several coats to cover any
markings on the box.)
Once dry, tape
off the bottom of the box just along the edge of the folds on the either side.
Paint below the
tape using the Black paint. Let dry and remove the tape.
Use a liner brush
and Black paint to decorate the box with spider webs and small spiders.
To paint the webs:
◦ Dip the end of your paintbrush in the Black paint.
Make a dot on the box with the brush end.
◦ Use the liner brush to paint a line going through the
dot you just made (one vertical one horizontal).
◦ Connect your lines at the ends creating four
◦ Continue by extending the lines and connecting the
◦ Hang a spider from your web by making another dot with
the brush end and painting small lines for spider legs.
When the box is
dry, seal the box with Mod Podge and let dry.
◦ Take the chenille sticks and bend them into small “V”
shapes. Cut several pieces in various sizes for scarier legs.
◦ Bend a small foot on the legs to make it easier to
bond with hot glue.
◦ Glue the legs down first and then add pom-pom spider
bodies to cover hot glue.
◦ Add wiggly eyes to complete spiders.
7. Trace over Spider webs
with Silver Mod Podge Dimensional to make your webs pop.