« Freelance Friday: Mod Podge Picture Fram... | Main | Tuesday Tutorial: Chalkboard Door Sign »
Welcome back from the weekend. While
you may not be ready for the workweek to begin look at this way, Valentine’s
Day is one day closer. For the last week or so we have been showing some cute
and easy Valentine’s Day crafts. Several of the crafts we’ve shown are
cardholders. A cardholder is a must have item for kids to have, because while
they are in school they receive so many of them. One of the best surfaces to
use to create these holders is cereal box. Use a cereal box to create this
super cute Valentine owl. Laura Bray created this adorable project using Mod
Podge and several other supplies. This is a very simple project to create, and
won’t take long at all to complete. See below for all the supplies you’ll need
and to see the instructions.
Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8
1. Cut off the top of the cereal box.
2. Using the box as a template, cut out paper to cover the front, back, and
sides of the box.
3. Using Mod Podge, glue all the papers onto the box. Smooth out from the
center to get eliminate bubbles and wrinkles.
4. Cut out embellishment pieces from cardstock and decorative papers into the
shapes of the owl’s eyes, wings, and beak. Glue pieces onto the box.
5. Further embellish with a skirt and bow if you wish. Boys may want to
add a bow tie to their owl.
6. Glue google eyes onto the paper eyes of the owl.