Create a special
heirloom ornament for baby’s first Christmas. Isn’t this ornament adorable?
Debbie Saenz designed this special craft project. There is nothing more magical
and happy than celebrating a baby’s first Christmas. This is an easy project to
make that is created using FolkArt paint and FolkArt extreme glitter. See all
the supplies you will need below, along with their instructions.
Folk Art Acrylic
Paint – 652 Metallic Rose, Folk Art Acrylic Paint – 659 Metallic Pearl While,
Folk Art Extreme Glitter – 2782 Hologram, Mod Podge Matte – CS11302
Small wood heart,
Small wood rectangular shape, Silver chain, Jump rings, Clear white bead,
Ribbon, Scrapbook paper with subtle pattern, Printer, Workable Fixatif (If
using ink jet printer), Cropadile or Drill with small bit, Pencil, Paintbrush,
Jewelry tools, Hot glue
1. Paint the backs and edges of wood cutouts
with Metallic Rose. Allow to dry.
2. Paint the front of the heart with Metallic
Pearl White. Allow to dry.
3. Draw feet on front of heart with pencil
(Refer to photo) and paint feet with Metallic Rose. Allow to dry.
4. Paint feet with two to three coats of
Hologram Extreme Glitter. Allow to dry between coats.
5. Print message on scrapbook paper and print
(Optional, change font color to pink). If using an ink jet printer, spray with
6. Cut out message (Use rectangular wood
shape as a template) and adhere to wood shape with Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
7. Drill or punch holes in wood shapes (Refer
8. Attach jump rings, bead charm, and chain
using jewelry tools.
9. Use ribbon to tie a bow and attach to top
of wood cutout with Hot glue.
Project Tip: Use blue instead of pink for a boy.