With the 4th of July a day
away it’s not too late to create some last minute patriotic decorations. Transform
a clear plastic bowl into a designer chip bowl with 4th of July spirit. Not
only is this bowl great for the 4th, use it at any of your
summertime cookouts or parties. Cathie and Steve created this festive bowl, and you can
too. This is such a simple project your kids can even help create this. See the
complete tutorial below for how to make it.
Plaid ® Hot Glue Gun
FolkArt ® Acrylic
Colors - Lipstick Red, 2 oz.
Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8
Old book pages
Clear plastic bowl
Red tissue paper
Blue sewing trim
1. Cut random sized stars from old book
2. Working on the outside of the clear bowl, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the
bowl, position the stars onto the bowl, top-coat with a layer of Mod
Podge. Add stars until the bowl is covered.
3. Cut the tissue paper into small squares. Apply two layers of tissue
paper to the outside of the bowl using the same method as step 2. Allow
4. Apply two coats of lipstick red paint to the outside of the bowl.
Allow to dry.
5. Apply more stars to the outside of the bowl using the same method as step
2. Apply two top-coats of Mod Podge to the outside.
6. Hot glue a piece of trim around the outer edge.
Project Tip: To clean the bowl, wipe the
inside with a damp rag. Not intended for