By: Candie Cooper – Visit Candie’s
blog, Candie Cooper’s Journal
Just like these little chicks, we're hatching out of our shells of Winter. Here
are a few ideas for you and your family to celebrate the coming of Spring!
1) Break out the bikes and go for a family bike ride! Craft some
streamers for the handle bars before hand.
2) Start collecting eggs from the craft store to decorate or blow out real eggs
by poking a hole in the top and bottom of the egg and blowing out the contents. Use the yolks and such for omelets or a quiche letting the children
choose the toppings.
3) Make a nest by going on a nature walk to collect things for it---long
grasses, leaf stems, even bits of paper will work. Put the findings in a round
tiny basket and drop an egg or bird on top.
4) We all know April showers bring May flowers! Decorate an umbrella with
Folk Art Fabric paint. For a creative spin, decorate the inside so when
you look up, you have a bright ceiling above.
5) Find fun containers at the second hand store and plant some grass
seed. Water and watch it grow in no time!
6) My mom made an Easter tree by putting a small branch in a heavy pot filled
with stones each year. She made small ornaments similar to these. So magical! You can make your own ornaments with bunnies, chickens,
crosses and flowers.
To make these ornaments:
You will need wood curtain rings for the frames. Paint frames with Folk
Art paints and sponge Metallic Folk Art paint around the frame. Glue a
mini-doily (found in scrapbook section of craft store) to the back of frame.
Tie a ribbon to the top of the ornament. Glue a pinch of moss, and a
chick inside the frame. Mini flowers are the cherry on top.